Director of Manufacturing (Chemical)
JOB LOCATION: Churchill, Australia (East of Melbourne) – however you can apply from anywhere in the world and we will provide a visa whenever possible
MINIMUM REQUIREMENT: Experience with a chemical manufacturing line
Our Director of Manufacturing is one of the most critical role at DiviGas. As the head of all things related to membrane manufacturing, you will be responsible for everything from the buildup of the plants to the moment the product is going out the door. You will also do all levels of tasks, from organizing a multi-year and multi-national manufacturing strategy to sweeping the factory floor. It is both a strategic, executive and managerial role and we seek an expert that will own and take on the manufacturing process, facility and operators.
Our first facility is near Melbourne, Australia in a town called Churchill, however within one to two years this position will become responsible for an increasingly large and varied team of stakeholders in an increasing number of locations. Since DiviGas already has massive demand, we expect to be continuously scaling up manufacturing operations rapidly both nationally and internationally. The first few lines will be built in Australia but this position will likely end up being also responsible for a global network of plants and teams.
- Overall chemical manufacturing strategy
- All plant buildup operations
- Heavy equipment order control and installation
- Material supply management and storage
- Manufacturing staff shift design and planning
- Extreme sensitivity quality assurance processes
- Chemical material Inventory management
- Finished goods shipping
- Operations Safety management
- Supply chain & Procurement team build up
- Digital infrastructure development
- Optimization, planning & reporting
- Continuous improvement of line performance
- Coordination with Financial team for scale up planning
- Local and international regulation compliance
- Support of sales team process and sales planning
Remuneration: AUD$130K-AUD$190K + Executive-level startup high growth Equity + Relocation package if needed
Benefits: Healthcare, Unlimited vacation policy
This is a difficult position, which demands an unusual combination of flexibility and discipline. A capacity to think both high and low level, to get busy with micro-details as well as large and long scale strategy. We need an energetic, and experienced person with whom the founding team will be able to interface with every day.
We seek someone with experience, that can avoid a lot of the pitfalls of starting a new chemical manufacturing line. Quality assurance in our space is extreme, safety is paramount, and clients expectations are high. While we would be interested to find a membrane manufacturing expert, we would be interested to find an excellent chemical manufacturing expert who can help us avoid all the costly mistakes when scaling up the making, assembling and shipping a of a new product.
- Must be able to be or relocate to Melbourne area, and potentially to follow the company’s growth wherever it might take us!
- Someone who has built, operated and managed manufacturing in a chemical manufacturing line. Either at a small company, startup, or large corporate company
- Have shipped a product internationally
- You have opened new lines or facilities from zero or overseen entire projects
- Have extensive experience creating, managing and enforcing stringent safety standards in manufacturing
- Have experience with bringing up manufacturing facilities, from planning to execution while coordinating suppliers and limiting bottlenecks
- You are flexible, capable of focusing on a micro-task as well as overseeing broad strategy
- You understand the difference between working at a startup and at a large company
- You are ambitious and self-motivated
- Are ready to be a hiring manager and leader, there will not be an HR department to hold your hand at first, respect, leadership, hiring skills start and stop with you